Infinum is looking for an experienced UI designer to join our team. If you find this position interesting send us your application.
Our design team is working on various projects with clients from all over the world. We are always being challenged with different areas that require fresh and innovative visual design. From IoT products to utility apps, our clients expect us to create seamless interaction experience and visually appealing products.
The UI designer role includes creating mood boards, different UI propositions, digital visual identities, style guides and design systems. The biggest challenge of this position would be creating and maintaining a consistent brand experience for a project across different platforms and making sure it is implemented by the book. You will work closely with the UX designer to make sure the UI fits the product strategy and vision.
Great communication skills are also crucial for this job. In your day-to-day tasks you will have to present design propositions to the client and project team. It is necessary to understand the importance of receiving constructive feedback and applying it to the design.
We craft and maintain detailed a style guide and precise design system for each project. In addition to designing the system, we expect the UI designer to encourage the project team to use it in all phases. Before the build phase, the UI designer also participates in preparing the design and specification for development and reviewing the design during the implementation.
We believe that the key to being a successful UI designer is knowing how to craft a delightful and innovative visual design that brings out a smile on the user’s face.
What are we looking for?
- at least 5 years of experience in UI design or graphic design
- a person with a keen eye for detail
- extensive knowledge in the fields of graphic design, typography, photography, illustration and motion design
- a good speaker who will know how to present insights, ideas, and concepts to clients and the team through storytelling
- a team player who will know how to communicate ideas to the project team
- a person who values critical thinking and knows how to apply feedback to the design
- solid knowledge and understanding of web and mobile platforms (iOS, Android design guidelines) as well as their limitations
- willingness to explore trends and share knowledge about new things in the field of technology and design with the team
- excellent command of English
What can you expect from us?
As a member of the Infinum Design Team you will have a chance to work with 15 young and creative people. We may have crappy jokes, but you will always have a smile on your face.
On Mondays, we usually get ice cream to get us through the beginning of the week. We arrange the projects and goals for the upcoming work days. In the middle of the week, we do stand-ups and critique sessions to evaluate what we’ve done up to that point. Fridays are usually reserved for internal presentations and workshops, and, of course, beer.
Education is very important for advancing our thinking and skills. We provide education materials, a conference budget, we organize workshops and lectures, develop ideas together and strongly value critical thinking. A person who joins us has to constantly improve their skill set together with the rest of the team. We want you to contribute with your ideas and experience, but be ready to learn and grow. Also, we offer you the space and possibility to improve or experiment with design processes.
What about teamwork? Well, ideas wouldn’t be possible without teamwork. You will never work alone because we believe that working in a team brings out the best in you.
To get a better picture of what we can offer, check out our Careers page, but here’s a TL;DR:
- work in a successful company that’s constantly growing and changing
- work with clients from all over the world with a team of young, creative professionals
- get a chance to propose your own ideas, bring them to life and watch them make a real impact
- relaxed working atmosphere and flexible working hours
- possibility to work on extensive, interesting projects in various fields
- top-notch equipment
- a chance to share your knowledge and experience
- education budget
- sponsored health checks
- sponsored gym membership
- sponsored car and bike parking
- dog-friendly offices
- sick leave paid in full (none of that 70 % nonsense)
- paid health checks
- baby cash - a cash bonus when becoming a parent (if applicable)
- fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day
- sponsored English courses (if your English is not perfect, make it perfect!)
To get a better picture of what you would be working on, take a look at the following projects:
We’ve designed and developed this mobile app to help patients keep track of their therapy and remember to take their medication regularly.
We’ve helped mHPB stand out once again in a bunch of similar mobile banking apps by creating a seamless experience of withdrawing cash from an ATM without using a card.
Moj Vip 2.0
The challenging part of designing this app was creating a better way to manage your expenses and active services for a large number of users. Vipnet, a Croatian telecom operator, wanted to refresh their self-care app for iOS and Android devices by creating a personalized unique experience for each user type.
Uni-Phi is a mobile app that manages all activities that members of the University Greek Communities go through during their Greek life.
We turned the Museum of Broken Relationships into a crowdsourced platform of stories and items shared by people whose relationships have come to an end.
Everything above sounds good? Join us!
If you think we can live up to your expectations, and you're willing to share your experience and knowledge, apply using the form below. Please send us:
- your CV
- a portfolio containing 10 of your favorite UI projects showing various sets of skills, from illustration to motion design (yes, include animations if you like as well)
Make sure to upload all of the documents (CV, cover letter, ...) in .pdf. For larger files, please use a file-sharing service such as Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive to send the documents.
Applications without the required documents will not be taken into consideration. The job position is open until we find the most suitable candidate.